Psalm 139

For You formed my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Marvellous are Your works,
and I know this very well.
My frame was not hidden from You 
when I was made in secret,
when I was woven together
in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body
all my days were written in Your book
and ordained for me
before one of them came to be.

I got to visit for a bit with a family that has adopted little ones into their home in recent years. The mom has Psalm singing as part of the kids' homeschooling, and also in their family worship, and while I was there I thought of Psalm 139, a psalm they will learn to sing. One that this particularly splashy little boy will learn.

The Lord saw this little boy's days: His first birthday. This rainy one. All of them to come. He holds our lives in His hands.  He is fully of mercy and compassion.  I thank God for this family and the kingdom work they do everyday, just by getting up every morning (really, really early) and loving these little ones as their own.  Just as He loves us as if we were His children. 1 John 3:1 "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"